Sunday, September 03, 2006

Dementia
When I was nine years old my family took a trip to Joplin, Missouri to visit my Great Grandma Walker and to see some of other Joplin relatives. Grandma was a very nice lady who told some interesting stories about her life. She told them over and over about every thirty minutes. She didn’t have television so I enjoyed hearing the stories and I asked my mom if Grandma thought we would forget the stories or if it was some kind of strange Joplin custom to drive your California relatives crazy. My mom said no that Grandma has dementia and she forgets that she’s told the story. Grandpa Meese on the other side of her family also had dementia. Lately I started forgetting things so I think about my great grandparents and what they went through. I also started taking Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, and working crossword puzzles and it seems to help—I hope. Ellen DeGeneres says that if you can remember to take Ginkgo Biloba you probably don’t need it…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home