Monday, April 10, 2006

Being Punked

Last week I was standing outside the Comedy Store in La Jolla practicing my comedy and getting ready to “go on”. A young couple came up and was starting to go in and I said, “I hope you like my comedy.” The guy said, “You’re a comedian?” “Am I being punked?” “I thought you might be the manager or the owner here.” “Aren’t you a little old to be a comedian here?” I had no witty comeback and didn’t know what punked meant. After they went in I asked the doorman what punked meant and he said “its like are you kidding me?” I thought more about what the guy said and remembered that Bob Hope and George Burns performed into their 90s. Rodney Dangerfield didn’t even start doing comedy until he was 50. Sometimes older comics don’t get any respect…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home