Friday, March 03, 2006

Changing Jobs…
I’ve been thinking about changing jobs. I’ve been in the same “career” for the past 19 years and I have been thinking about “moving on” for the past 18 years. The last time I talked about it a lot was four years ago. I know that because that was the last time I bought “What Color is Your Parachute.” This time I found a book called “The Career Guide for Creative and Unconventional People”. I don’t always feel creative but I do always feel unconventional (see other blog entries). There is an excellent test that I took online for $9.95 at self-directed-search.com mentioned in the book first developed by John Holland. My test scores were Artistic 27, Social 22, Enterprising 17, Conventional 9, Investigative 6 and Realistic 2. I guess I am more conventional than realistic. Anyway my Summary Code was ASE which means I could be a good crossword puzzle maker. I thought the book and test were very insightful but I'll be thinking about it for 4 more years to be sure. Maybe 5…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home