Saturday, March 05, 2016

SPOT ON/DRILL DOWN/VETTING

These 3 business phrases  are being used a lot lately.  I’m starting to get annoyed.  Apparently others are annoyed as well:

http://www.businessinsider.com/business-clichs-to-cut-from-your-vocabulary-2014-12   I feel that “spot on” is one of the worst.  Are you British?  Why not say the idea is right on target or perfect or very good.  I get annoyed with spot on so please don’t say that around me anymore.  Next “drill down” as in drill down on the idea.  How about just go deeper on that idea unless you’re drilling for oil please don’t use “drill down”.  Next is vetting as in “vetting a person”.  I’m not sure what this means but I think that it has something to do with getting background information on someone.  Why not just use background check.  These are my annoyances.  Thanks for listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home