Wednesday, May 01, 2013

My dad was very friendly and outgoing. He was a great storyteller. He loved to play golf so I decided on Father’s Day 2012 to take him out to play. This was hard to do because he died in 1984. It was kind of a slow day at the Escondido Country Club and we were playing alone on a beautiful afternoon. I decided to hit one for him and then one for me one for him and one for me. He beat me by 5 strokes on Father’s Day which I guess is the way it should be. We even had a few conversations. “Nice shot!” was mostly what we said. He gave me one piece of advice “Jim, always remember Budweiser is the King of Beers.” After our round we went to the Club House and I ordered two Buds. He said “it’s the king of beers.” I said Dad “For all you do this Bud’s for you.” He said “when you’ve said Budweiser you’ve said it all.” My dad hadn’t touched his beer so I drank them both. It was then that I realized it was the best Father’s Day we had, had in years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home