Sunday, January 01, 2012

Patience is a virtue. I tend to be very impatient. I hate grocery lines, crowded freeways, or lines at the bank. I plan to never go back to Disneyland again, its way too crowded. It drives me crazy when I’m playing golf and people line up their drives or fairway shots or their putts. Just get up there and hit it. Why take so long? You’re not Tiger Woods. All these things are VERY annoying. Maybe I’m a control freak or an irrational snob who thinks that some people are getting in my way and going way to slow. I think that God is trying to teach me patience by putting all the people who have coupons at the store or eight transactions at the bank IN MY LINE. It always happens when I move from a longer line to a shorter line. The only people I have a little patience with are old people. They are slow and many of them are unstable walking. You can’t really yell at George Burns or Grandma Esta for not moving fast enough but sometimes I feel like it. I know that this is a huge character defect that I have. I know that I need to “stop and smell the roses” and that “all good things come to those that wait.” My motto on most days is the “impatience is a virtue” and please move faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home