Sunday, December 04, 2011

I’m a vegetarian. I started in 1972 when I read the book, “Diet for a Small Planet”. I had 3 roommates who started at the same time that I did. They only lasted a couple of months. I continued on. It always gave me great satisfaction that I had the discipline to stay with it for so many years. I mostly do it for the attention. When I go into a restaurant I feel special when I tell the waitress that I’m vegetarian and don’t eat meat. It always takes longer to give my order. I hope that she doesn’t take it out on me in the kitchen somehow sabotaging my food. Most of my friends and family are carnivores. People are always giving me a hard time and saying things like “vegetarian is an Indian term that means lousy hunter” or “how many vegetarians does it take to screw in a light bulb?” “I don’t know but where do you get your protein?” “You look weak, are you getting enough nourishment?” I always answer that one with, what about the apes they’re vegetarians and are really strong. I really don’t like vegetarians that much. I think that they are much too pale and weird for me. I’m happy that I am one because more people can eat if we eat lower on the food chain even if we are all more pale and weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home