Sunday, August 05, 2007

I do standup comedy sometimes at the La Jolla Comedy Store. It’s only a hobby but people are usually impressed when I tell them that I am a comedian. It can be hard at times not so much getting along with the audience but with the younger comics that perform there. They are many times from “dysfunctional families” and most of the times have “issues with their fathers”. Since most of the time I’m the oldest comic performing they sometimes “go off” on me. They get upset for no apparent reason. Okay part of it could be my fault. I tend to forget people’s names so I’ll just say “hey pal, how are you,” which I know is very demeaning and insensitive. I have been taking to ginkgo biloba to help my memory but it doesn’t seem to be helping. Lately though I have been more philosophical in my approach to the younger comics and I ask the famous Rodney King question, “can’t we all just get along” and that seems to help…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home