Sunday, March 11, 2007

I have a very interesting family and it seems we have great family stories to tell. One of the best is about my mom’s Uncle Bill who was a real dog lover. He was in his late 70s and one day he saw a guy beating his dog in a field near his house. He went over and said that he didn’t like the way the guy was treating his dog. The guy who was a young ex-marine 6’2” and 210 lbs. said it was none of his business how he treated his dog and proceeded to attack Uncle Bill. Bill was all of 5’6” but in good shape for his age proceeded to beat up the ex-marine to “teach him a lesson”. The marine had Bill arrested and they later went to court. The judge who couldn’t stop laughing threw the case out because he thought that Bill must be the one bringing the case to court and thought that he must have been the one beaten up when he saw the difference in their size and ages. Maybe the judge was a dog lover too or maybe this is one of my family urban legends. I must say that I heard this story from Uncle Bill’s own lips and I am convinced that it was true...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home