Sunday, June 19, 2011

I'm the President of my Toastmasters group in Escondido,CA. I have been a member since 1991. I love Toastmasters. It helps me to speak, think on my feet, and most of all listen. This is my 2nd time as President. I think it is something that will look good in my obituary when I die. "Jim Billingsley was a long time member of Escondido Club 1546 and served as President twice." The part that I need to explain about this term is that no one else wanted to do it. I was elected in December while I was having a kidney stone procedure. I wasn't even there for the election. They told me that I won the election but that no one else wanted to do it. The strange thing is that I accepted the job. It must have been my ego or wanting my obituary to look good. I think we all need to be President of something so why not Toastmasters. I've felt friendship and connection with the group but lately I've been thinking of quitting. I've always thought that I would never want to be a member of a group that I was President of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home