Sunday, June 12, 2011

I tend to be very impatient. I'm like many of my fellow Baby Boomers. We feel that we want and think that we deserve instant gradification. Most of this I feel can be blamed on Dr. Spock (not to be confused with Mr. Spock of Star Trek). He wrote a popular book in the 1950s called "Baby and Childcare." Everyone was taking his advice. He said to not be too harsh with your kids and pretty much give them anything they want, now. It helped create a whole generation of instant everything. He forgot the main theme of the "Tortoise and the Hare". The tortoise always wins. Being impatient myself I feel that the hare should win. I've read and reread the book several times. I always think that maybe this time the hare will win. No, it never happens. Unfortunately it's true that slow and steady does win the race. Darn! Life is a marathon and not a sprint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home